Opportunity for Quantity Surveyor
CHARTERED QUANTITY SURVEYOR AND PROJECT MANAGER
McNaughts are Chartered Quantity Surveyors and Project Managers operating throughout the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland, from our office in Poole, Dorset. We are seeking a motivated and highly competent Senior Surveyor to immediately join our knowledgeable team. This is a permanent position to provide pre- and post-contract services to our well established and ever-expanding client base.
The majority of our projects are within the healthcare, marine and education sectors, we also continue to be active in delivering commercial, industrial and residential developments within the private and public sectors. Project values vary from £50,000 to £30m+, details of previous projects can be found on our website https://www.mcnaughts.co.uk/
For this position a number of years relevant industry experience and being RICS chartered (or equivalent) are necessities. Immediate responsibilities will include Employer’s Agent/Project Manager and Quantity Survey roles under various forms of construction contracts, duties include but are not limited to:-
- Bills of Quantities production and measurement to NRM 2
- Use of CATO and electronic measurement software
- Site measurement and variations
- Provision of Cost Plans to NRM 1
- Formation of tender documentation
- Tender evaluation and reporting
- Assessment of contractor claims, applications for payment and final accounts
Employer’s Agent/Project Manager
- Management of ‘Turnkey’ healthcare solutions and refurbishment projects
- Issuing contract instructions and variations
- Certifying payments and agreeing final accounts
- Design reviews and management of design development by sub-contractors
- Sole management of several projects simultaneously
- Project lead and point of contact for clients/employers and contractors
- Chairing and providing minutes of project meetings
The successful candidate will need Good IT and excellent communication skills.
Travel using your own vehicle to service our sites is essential and mileage is reimbursed accordingly.
Interested parties should provide their CV along with salary and package expectations to email@example.com.